Friday, June 20, 2008

Kankles

I experienced minimal swelling while pregnant:



But as soon as Oakley was born, my legs began to blow up like water balloons...
I can't tell where my feet end and legs begin. I could literally feel the fluid squishing around in my feet when I would walk. Not a pretty sight:





Thank goodness they're back to normal now!

4 comments:

emily a. said...

I love that you captured this. Glad you're back to normal- kankles are no fun.

Elaine said...

At first I thought the first picture was what you were refering to as your "kankles" and I was thinking, "Is she crazy?" Then I saw the next one...:-) And you still looked great! Can't wait to see you and the baby.

Doug and Mallena said...

Ok, so I can't stop laughing. Sorry, but in a way it is refreshing to know I'm not the only one with pregnancy kankles. I can't believe those are your feet--I love the nail polish by the way.. Thanks for being brave and sharing these pictures. You're lucky that you only got kankles and not a triple chin. :)

Sierra Parke said...

Please Lindsey!
I hope my feet look like what you call "kankles" by the end of my pregnancy! Ha! I promise you mine will get much bigger. You look great.