Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Can't Believe It...

I just about died today when I opened the mail and saw the hospital bill. Thank goodness we just had to pay our co-pay (so maybe I shouldn't even care how much the insurace company has to pay, I'm not a huge fan of insurance companies anyway) but still...
$28,841
seems a bit excessive!!!
We didn't even have any complications. And, this does NOT include the OB or Pediatrician bills. Just the hospital! I knew having a baby was expensive, but I had no clue how outrageously high the bill would be! I will no longer complain about our insurance premiums.

4 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

Holy Crap!! That is a HUGE bill!

Doug and Mallena said...

That is a lot of money. It sure is hard to see all your money go to paying for insurance, but it makes it all worth it when you actually have to use it.

Crystal said...

WOW! That is insane. I've never heard of an uncomplicated birth costing that much. Yay for insurance!!!

The Molen's said...

ya, believe it. I about died when mine was 35,000 and the nursery bill was 9,000. $44 Grand!!!! Same services in Bozeman, MT, in 2002 was only 8,000 total. For c-section and nursery. I don't know why they can charge so much here. And like you said, that was just the hospital bill! Yikes!