Well, I am 25 now, and what can I say? Dan must have known I would need something to keep my mind off that big number, because he planned a fantastic birthday activity for me this year! I secretly LOVE sports. Not every sport, but if there's a football, hockey or soccer game, I'm there. I'm not the "there's a game on my husband's dying to watch, so I'll be a good sport and watch with him" kind of fan. I'm more of the, "Game's on! Don't bother me! I'm trying to WATCH!" kind of fan :) So, I just about died of excitement when Dan told me we had Flyers' tickets.
The Andersens were so nice to watch Oakley for us, on a school night no less, so we could relax and enjoy an evening out together. We took the train down to the sports complex and made it just in time (after almost getting blown away, it was ridiculously windy, and cold).
The atmosphere was electric, and we were so excited to be there. Dan found a great deal on ebay on the tickets, and we were surprised at how good our seats were. We could see everything, including the puck, unlike on tv :) I always thought it was funny that they play the organ at hockey games, but after hearing it in person I understand. It really does fit the atmosphere. Part of the fun is being with the crazy the fans. Everyone gets really into the game, and we had a great time cheering and sighing and high-fiving the guys next to us. We even snacked on some concession stand hot dogs.
It was a high-scoring game, with an exciting Flyers' goal during a Sabers' power play. The guys sitting next to us kept looking at me, I don't think they were expecting me to be so loud. The final score was 6 to 3, after the Sabers pulled their goalie and the Flyers made two empty-net goals. The Wachovia Center is a great venue. It's so vertical that the seats are all pretty close to the rink and you feel right on top of the action. We had such a fun time, it was definitely a birthday to remember!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
12 comments:
Wow! It sure looks like you had a fantastic birthday! I am so glad!!! And you are SO BEAUTIFUL! :) Love you!
I'm glad you had such a great time!
What an awesome husband you have Lindsay! Conan would never plan something that fun...well, I guess I should never say "never", but I highly doubt it! Glad you had such a great time. Our friend works for the LA Kings and gets free tickets all the time (he's in charge of the season ticket holder tickets). Let us know the next time you are in LA and we'll try and hook you up.
Hey Girl,
I'm glad you had fun. Danaja actually song the national anthem at the Phamtoms game last year!!! Her school chior sung with her.
Happy Birthday!!
25 was my golden age because I turned 25 on the 25th! That was so long ago.....
Me and my kids love you! I'm glad you and Dan had fun. You guys compliment each other :)
I am so jealous! I LOVE going to hockey games! I am so glad you got to do something so fun for your birthday, old lady!(haha, I can say that cause I still have a few months before I hit 25 :) Hey, I need your email address again. benjyandashley@yahoo.com
I'm glad the Dan spoiled you! How fun! I think Nick wishes I was more like you!! Basketball is really the only sport that I really get into! Glad you had a fun b-day! Happy 25th Birthday!
Yay for a good birthday!!!!! That makes me happy. And you do look mighty hot in those pics honie....i must say. If only I wasn't so inflated maybe I could too :-) So i decided when you come out here we'll have to have a chick flick marathon for all those movies we never get to see...It's funny b/c whenever ben does see a chick flick with me he usually ends up liking the movie or saying "it wasn't really that bad" or shock: "I actually enjoyed that movie!" ha. if only getting him to watch them wasn't like pulling teeth it might be more fun :-)
I don't think the guy next to you had your vocal level on the mind. HELLO!! Did you look in the mirror before you left? I'm so glad you had a fun time. If you're old at 25, what does that make me? Your Grandma? :)
That is so cool! I had no idea you were such an avid sports fan. Dan is a lucky man. :) I am so glad you got to go see the Flyers. What an exciting night! Happy Birthday!
Goaaalll...blood makes the grass grow fight fight fight! I always hope to catch skirmishes when I go to hickey games. Sounds like a ton of fun!
Thats why I love you guys! Go Flyers! One of Shelby and I's first dates was to a Flyer's game. What a nice husband. You would love Lacrosse (Wing's) if you love blood sports. :)
Hap...Hap...Happy Birthday girl!! Wow...you're officially in your mid 20's! ha..ha...!! Looks like you guys had so much fun!! Dan did good!
Post a Comment