My Valentine:
Five years ago today, Dan and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day together! We were dating, in fact, we had only known each other about a month. It was a Saturday, just like today, so I had to work at the Critter Mine (think Build-A-Bear) at the University Mall in Provo. Dan surprised me after work at my apartment with a dozen pink roses he had arranged for me at the Flower Patch where he worked. They were beautiful! He then waited patiently for me to get ready. He must have been starving! Finally, we headed to dinner. He asked me where I wanted to go, and I suggested the Macaroni Grill. He said he didn't like that place, but agreed to take me there anyway. What a nice guy ;) Turns out, the food was delicious, and the conversation was even better. Wow, I was really starting to like this guy! After dinner, we went back and watched a movie. I can't remember which one, only that it was very strange. As it happens, just a week later Dan told me he loved me for the first time. And now, Macaroni Grill is one of our favorite restaurants. Dan even worked there for quite awhile during undergrad.
Sadly, we can't recall what exactly we did for the following Valentine's Days, and I wasn't very good at keeping journal back then. However, we now have a blog, so problem solved!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Awe!!!!!!!!! You guys are soo cute!
Danaja and Dashyne are my Valentines. I hope that one day Heavenly Father will put me out of my misery and send me my husband!
By the way- Oakley reminds me of Bam-Bam off the Flinstones! Her little ponytail is so cute!
What a fun experience going down memory lane with you. I've never been to the Macaroni Grill so I'll have to take your word for how good it is.
Dan's lucky to have you as his Valentine!
Post a Comment