I finally have cravings! I am very excited about this, since I have been waiting for them to start for 5 months now. I don't know what took them so long, but they are here at last. Unfortunately, they are almost always for something sweet. The other day I almost started crying in the grocery store because I saw those Little Debbie Doughnut Sticks and suddenly HAD to have them. The problem was, Dan did not want me to have them. Of course, I won, and he ended up eating more of them than I did! I think he is slowly starting to learn that you don't mess with a pregnant woman and her food.
So, today I set out on a search for a recipe that would
a) satisfy my craving, and
b) only require ingredients I already had on hand (our kitchen is running very low, but we're going to the Commissary this weekend, so buying any additional ingredients at the regular grocery store would just be a waste of money). I was having a difficult time, until I came across this little beauty on Picky Palate:
The Buttery Cinnabun Cake (they aren't kidding about the buttery part... 3 sticks!)
Here is the link to the recipe: http://pickypalate.blogspot.com/2007/11/buttery-cinnabun-cake.html
It is quick and incredibly easy to make, yet SO delicious. Kind of a cross between a cinnamon roll and a coffee cake. I was in heaven :) Thank you Picky Palate!!!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
6 comments:
If you ever feel like cooking something sweet again, come this way. You can use all my food to create something yummy, but then I'll get to enjoy it too. :) Seriously, it's a good thing I don't like to cook much or I would have been in BIG trouble when I was pregnant. I had the BIGGEST sweet tooth---even more than I do now, which is hard to imagine.
Is that what it really looks like, or is that the dressed up picture? Because that looks GOOOOOOOOD!
So happy you gave me a recipe option, thanks ;) I think I'll go make some of those right now.....
OH MY GOODNESS!! those look sooo yummy! thanks for adding the link =)
lol.. you are so cute! being pregnant is so fun.. you ALWAYS get your way with the hubby =)
I bet Dan was happy those little debbie's inspired you to make these yummy babies! Thanks for the great recipe. Run with your cravings while you have a good excuse!
Enjoy as much guilt free pleasure eating you can! Those look really good and I need to make some. Miss ya babe.
hehe honie you make me hungry!!! and to answer your comment- no the shirt was not from banana- H&M actually and the skirt- DI for 5 bucks!!! amazing, i know. i have an idea- come visit! you can experience the amazing weather. or you can move here and the baby can come to my new office for doctor visits!!! such a good idea.
Post a Comment