Thursday, January 17, 2008

20 Weeks: Half Way There!

I can't believe we're half way there already! This pregnancy has gone by so fast, especially once I started feeling better. The baby is about the size of a banana now, which to me seems huge, but she still has a LOT of growing left to do! The first time I felt her move (and I was 100% sure it was her) was while we were in Ohio for Christmas, around 16 or 17 weeks. Then, of course, Dan couldn't feel it. But last night he did for the first time! As soon as I got into bed she started moving all over the place, and once Dan put his hand on my belly she really started showing off. She was kicking up a storm for her daddy. I was very excited for him to finally be able to feel her! On one hand, 20 more weeks seems like way too long to wait before we get to see her. But on the other hand, 20 weeks doesn't seem like very much time at all to get ready for labor!

5 comments:

The Molen's said...

What an exciting time. You are in your best months right now!

camandholls said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm so glad he was finally able to feel her. I remember those amazing days. You're so funny! You'll never have enough time to prepare for labor, but once it's here you'll be very happy the day has arrived. It's always nice to get rid of that beached whale feeling at the end of your pregnancy. :)

Darlynn said...

We are excited to have a blog, too! How did you find out about it?
My mom wanted to get a blog after finding out about the Taylor's in an email they sent and seeing how many other families had blogs. Of course, she never would have the time to update, so here I am blogging. LOL

I am so excited for you and your baby! Sorry, but there's not much advice I can give :P.

mandy horrocks said...

hi true family! i have been busy "blog stalking" today and found you guys on here =)

congrats on your pregnancy, i know i am months behind but i just found out lol =)
and it's a girl.. how exciting! glad to hear you are feeling better also, i know that is hard.