
Yesterday in General Conference, President Monson announced a Temple in Philadelphia! I have the most special memories of the Columbus, Ohio Temple being announced, built and then opened while I grew up attending church in the Chapel right next door, and can't wait to watch the process happen here.
The Columbus Ohio Temple: 
This Temple in Philadelphia is such an incredible blessing that I know has been long awaited by many faithful members here. Our Stake leaders have asked that we all keep it in our prayers, that it can go ahead without encountering hurdles that would stall it. It will contain the Temple, two chapels and an apartment for the Temple President and Matron, similar to the Manhattan Temple. I went to find a picture of the Manhattan Temple on lds.org, and the search began by asking me to "Select a Continent". What truly amazing times we live in.
The location of the new Temple is shown above, currently a parking lot, outlined in red.
The Manhattan Temple:
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
6 comments:
Truly exciting! I was just in amazement at the announcement and tears as well. Now I wish we were staying longer to enjoy it more!
We were very excited to hear that Philadelphia, AND Argentina were getting a temple. The location in Argentina is right below where Doug served his mission so he knows the area well. He's VERY excited for the people of Argentina!
We are so excited for you guys! As soon as they announced it, Benj and I immediately thought of you and Dan. It will be so fun the watch the progress.
I am so grateful! What a blessing for the city!
YIPPEE!! I am so excited! I am totally curious about all the details. How long did the temple in Ohio take from announcement to completion? That is what I really want to know- how fast can it get here? It is the COOLEST thing that has ever happened for Philly!
how exciting!!! And I love the picture of the Columbus Temple. that's where we were sealed :) your baby is so sweet!
Post a Comment