Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tummy Time

I knew Oakley was becoming mobile when I would go into her room in the morning and find her in the opposite end of the crib I had left her in the night before. But today she totally surprised me!

She usually hates tummy time, so she doesn't get a lot of it. They say it's important, though, for learning how to crawl. So today, I decided to prop her up on her Boppy for play time. I don't think she's going to have any problems getting around.

She started out like this:

Then began scooting her legs back and forth, pushing herself forward like this:

I was going to pick her up, but realized she was still going:

And going...

And going...

If you're thinking, "It looks like she's doing a face plant the entire time," you're right.

She finally ended up like this, on the other side of her Boppy, still doing a face plant. She was happy to move her legs like crazy, but refused to pick up her head.

I think I might be in trouble.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! how cute! yes i agree, you are in trouble once they figure out that they can move =)

Elaine said...

So funny and cute. I love that outfit too!

The Lockhart's said...

lol, oh my gosh, so funny and cute. She is already getting so big and so grown up, lol.

Ashley said...

Haha, that is hilarious! I know this is mean but I think it is the cutest when babies get stuck in weird positions like that and you can watch try all the different ways to get free. It is so fun to watch them learn!

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

That is so Funny, she is too cute! She is gonna be a mover!!

Debbie said...

Lindsey she is adorable, I love the purple hat.

shreevit2beaver said...

That is so funny. I love the play by play of how she gets around.

Doug and Mallena said...

I love how you documented all her moves with pictures. It's like we were right there watching with you. Very cute!

Shilowe said...

Wow, I'm impressed! She's a tough little thing to be moving like that so young! She is SO SO SO cute!