Wednesday, April 23, 2008

34 Weeks!



At my last appointment, the doctor said he wanted to send me in for another ultrasound, just to get an idea of how big the baby is, because, in his words, if I'm going to have a 10lb baby he'd like to know ahead of time. I was relieved and excited. I've been measuring about an inch and a half small all along. The doctor wasn't worried about it, he said that although it's an inch an a half small, my belly has been growing at the right rate, so that means the baby has too. But the last thing I want is to end up being pregnant even longer because I'm not really as far along as we thought.

So, today I went to the hospital for my ultrasound thinking there was no way the technician could be as sweet and nice as the last one. I was wrong! Where do they find these people? She was just as wonderful as the first one! The baby weighs just about 5 pounds right now, and her measurements are perfect for 34 weeks (thank goodness!). I couldn't believe how much bigger she has gotten (as you can see by my enormous belly). It was so easy to see everything because it was all so big! She kept making sucking motions with her little lips and trying to fit her hand into her mouth. The tech said she has long legs and even some hair! (Which looked like little white dots on her head.) She is head down too, which makes me very happy, hopefully she'll stay that way (even though I'm sure my ribs are black and blue). Her organs looked good, as did the fluid levels so it was a good day! Six weeks to go... I can't wait!

10 comments:

emily a. said...

That is so nice to have another ultrasound. I hope we can have one too. I bet it was so cute watching what she was up to. How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Very exciting news. I can't wait to see this little joy.

Doug and Mallena said...

I love that we can have ultrasounds. Can you imagine living during the pioneer times and not knowing?

Natalie Buchkovich said...

That is always a relief to hear that kind of news! You are such a cute mom!!

mandy horrocks said...

your tummy is not even close to being enormous!! i always loved getting ultrasounds too. i am sure it got annoying when i asked if the sex of the baby was still the same as the last time..LOL..like it could change or something =)

Crystal said...

Your belly is soooo CUTE! Just what every woman dreams of... a basketball belly with no weight gain anywhere else! Only about a month left!!!!

Ashley said...

I found you!!!! (thanks Crystal's blog) You're having a baby! Yeah and congrats! I have to say though, your belly is way to small to be 34 weeks pregnant. I am very jealous. We are so happy everything is going well for you guys!

Megan said...

Linds! It's your old roomie Megan! I just checked out Crystal's blog and found my way to yours, Ashleys and some other old roomies. I am the only one without a blog or child here or on the way!! I should hop on the bandwagon - starting with a blog of course...I'm so excited for you!

The Lockhart's said...

OMG!!! You look sooo cute. You are still as tiny as ever and your belly looks like you are about 25 weeks, not 34...are you really giving birth in 6 weeks?...and how in the world is there a 5 lb baby in there? You look awesome. I am so happy for you!

Kendy said...

You should be a belly model. it looks so perfect. I am so happy for you both.