February always seems to be the coldest month of the year. Maybe that's just because it has been winter now for a couple months, the newness of the cold weather has worn off and all I can think about is Spring and losing the coats and sweaters! But either way, Valentine's Day is a great way to brighten up a kind of gloomy month. That is, in my opinion. Dan wasn't too excited about a holiday to celebrate our love, but he knows how much I love to get excited about holidays so he played along. He LOVES those delicious full-day's-calories-in-one cinnamon rolls from Cinnabon, so I brought him a whole box. Someone at the mall saw me holding the big box of Cinnabons, looking at maternity clothes, and said to their friend, "Now that is a pregnant woman!" Unfortunately, I did end up eating most of them... but only after Dan had enjoyed as many as he could eat (in one sitting anyway) :) He surprised me with flowers and a chick flick (Music and Lyrics) when he came home from school. He refuses to watch chick flicks with me, so this was a very special occasion. He had a test the next day, and spent the evening studying, so we waited until the next night to go out to dinner. But it was definitely worth the wait! We went to Joe's Crabshack (the closest one is in Lawrenceville, NJ, so it was a bit of a drive) in memory of the "old days". When we lived in Utah, Dan was a server there and we would eat crab at least once a week (wow, we miss that discount!). I forgot how much I loved it, the BBQ Dungeness and Coconut Shrimp are the BEST!
Gotta love the bibs!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
4 comments:
That sounds delicious. I've never been there. Sounds like you celebrated the day how I like to- good food!
Love the bib!
how cute!! oh my goodness..is that a dish of melted butter? yummy =)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS!!!! Hope it's wonderful!
Post a Comment