This year we got to spend Thanksgiving in Boston with the Evans (Dan's Aunt, Uncle and Cousins). The first time I met them, I was pulling into my parents' driveway in Ohio trying to figure out who all the people standing in my yard were. While watching the people, instead of where I was going, I drove right into the car parked in front of me. Fortunately, no damage was done, I was just very embarrassed :).
It was a lot of fun to see them again! They are always so nice and made us feel comfortable and right at home. We enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and I really loved just driving around their neighborhood. They live in a beautiful area that seems to be New England in a nutshell. The trees still had their colorful Fall leaves, and it felt like the perfect place to celebrate Thanksgiving.
We went on a tour of Boston with Dan's cousin Brandon and his girlfriend Anne, and drove up to an incredibly beautiful, quaint fishing town called Gloucester. It is known as America's Oldest Seaport, dating back to the 1600s, and looks just like all the paintings you see with the rocky coastlines and light houses. It is also where the movie "The Perfect Storm" was filmed. We even got to stop by the shopping district, which has the kind of adorable old fashioned little shops you think only exist in the movies. 


We are so grateful the Evans let us come up and spend Thanksgiving with their family and appreciate everything they did for us (including babysitting Max while we were sight-seeing!)! It is so nice to have family so close!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment