Tuesday, December 18, 2007

First Trimester Belly



This was my belly at the end of my first trimester. It has definitely grown since then (let's be honest, during your first trimester it's mostly bloating and expanding parts anyway right? :) Now it's actually baby. But, even when I took this picture, my belly was already looking much different than *normal*.

I couldn't be happier to be done with the first trimester! I don't have a whole lot to write about it, there's nothing entertaining about being sick :) But I was thrilled to wake up one day feeling great, just as suddenly as the yuckiness had hit. And I am SO grateful!

The only eventful thing was my first doctor's appointment when I got to hear the heartbeat! It was such an amazing experience, and kind of weird to hear a heartbeat coming from my belly, knowing it was the baby's not mine. I was so relieved to know that everything was okay. Since I was trying to control the tears, all I could say was, "Wow, there really is a baby in there!" It wasn't just the three month flu or something like that! The doctor was very nice and let me just sit there and listen to it for a minute. That got me through getting my blood drawn for the very first time. I was a baby, of course, but the nurse was so sweet and did a perfect job, even on my veins which are apparently tiny and very hard to find. She used a pediatric needle, and once she was done I looked at it and realized there is no reason to be scared of something so small! The one thing I couldn't believe was how much they had to take. As soon as I saw the four huge vials laying on the desk I understood why it had taken so long! It was weird to look at my blood laying there, knowing it had just been inside my arm! Those are the kinds of things I try not to think about :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore you! I'm so glad you're feeling better. We never did get together last week. Grr....what is wrong with us? Very cute belly by the way. I don't think I ever had a cute little bump. I just remember looking like a big blob. Merry Christmas by the way. I don't remember when you're leaving so if I don't see you on Sunday--have a good time!

The Molen's said...

You look so cute! I am glad you got to finally hear the heart beat. I'm sure it made it so real to you! Congrats!

emily a. said...

You do have a cute little bump now. Next time make the picture bigger please so I can see better. I guess I"ll just have to wait till we're back in town for a good peak. SO GLAD you are feeling better. That's truly a blessing!