Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow and Vampires



So I missed the first snow because it was Sunday morning and I was running off to church. But I caught the second one! It's been flurrying all week, and today it's coming down enough to stick. We had a COLD November! Last year, I don't think we got snow until February. But after a warm October, winter has been in full force already this year. The ski resorts have had their earliest openings ever!

This weather has been absolutely perfect for reading! It makes you want to curl up with a good book, a snuggly blanket and some hot chocolate. Dan and I are exactly the same when it comes to books-- once we start, we can't stop until we've finished! My friend Hollie recommended the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (the Vampire books :), and I finally picked them up! (The author graduated from BYU, by the way.) I read all three in a week, they were so good I couldn't stop! Dan laughed when I told him I was reading books about vampires, but you really just have to read them to get it! Thanks, Hollie, for the great recommendation! Now, I am impatiently awaiting the fourth's book release! Next Fall.... :(

2 comments:

The Molen's said...

Love the books! They are great indeed! Hope you are feeling better!

camandholls said...

Don't you just LOVE Edward! I want to be a vampire now. How was the third book???? I am dying to read it. Only 10 more days until I get my hands on that book!!!