Where did this summer go? The yellow leaves are almost gone, and everyone is waiting for the first snow to fall any day now. We are enjoying the crisp weather and I'm oddly excited for winter. (Well, the snow, not the darkness. The sun is lower in the sky already and no longer passes directly overhead. Time for the vitamin D supplements and first-thing-in-the-morning workouts to help get me going.) Fortunately, with Music Class, Ballet, Physical Therapy and Preschool there is no way we will spend the winter stuck in the house.
A few pictures from our Summer:
Oakley's first day of Preschool: It's just two hours a day, but five days a week. She absolutely loves it, and the speech therapy she receives there is working much better for her than the private therapy she received before. Her favorite part is riding the school bus everyday.
Our neighborhood mama moose with her not-so-baby-sized-anymore calf:
Gorgeous Eklutna Lake:
How Brighton spent most of the summer:Yep, she's eating rocks. And dirt. And if you try to stop her you will quickly regret it.
We spent almost every free day this summer biking. Eklutna Lake was one of the most scenic rides we took, although we also loved the local Eagle River-Chugiak cross-country skiing courses, which make for some fun roller coaster style bike trails in the summer. The girls successfully frightened any wildlife away with their laughter and squeals of delight as we sped down the hills.
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Brighton is so big! And I love her darker hair. Your girls are so much fun. It makes me want to join you on a bike ride. :) But I will have to settle for shopping in February. Love you!
Check you out Dan--a professional blogger! Sounds like you guys had such a fun summer. Oakley is SO BEAUTIFUL and her hair is sooo long. I just love it. You guys must be having such a great time there and the wildlife must be amazing. I know I let Lindsay down in L.A., but if you guys are ever back here in Boston during the next three years, we will have to get together. Happy Fall!
Post a Comment