Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday Girl

Sometimes we feel guilty about not taking a many pictures of Brighton as her sister, so we take a whole bunch all at once:



She loved the whipped cream and strawberries on top of her tres leches cupcake...

but thought the cake texture was super weird.

It was put cake in, mush up, spit out and repeat.

We think she looks a lot like daddy and hardly anything like Oakley did at this age. From her hair, which is much darker and shorter, to the shape of her eyes, face, nose and mouth.

And, she is definitely her own person. She smiles, laughs, cries and screams more than her sister. It's so fun to see just how different they are. Brighton is a fun loving little girl who is quick to let you know just what she thinks. Whether she's happy, sad or tired, you'll know! It doesn't take much to make her laugh, and it doesn't take much to get her mad. While Oakley is a daddy's girl, Brighton is definitely a mommy's girl.

She loves crawling, getting into everything, mommy and playing with her big sister.

We love her so much, and can't believe she's already one!

5 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Happy Birthday Brighton! I love her big beautiful round eyes and dark hair! Both of your girls are adorable!! I agree though, I think Brighton looks more like Dan, and Oakley more like you!

Sierra Parke said...

Hey Lindsay! Oh, yay, I'm looking forward to seeing you in just a short time! You are right, my c-section is scheduled for April 29th, but I have a funny feeling she'll come before that (at least if she is anything like her brothers!) Okay, we'll definetly stay in touch. Can't wait to see you guys:)

Doug and Mallena said...

I can't believe Brighton is already one! She is such an adorable little girl! She has amazing bright blue eyes. She's going to be a man killer when she gets older---like 18 months. ;)

Shilowe said...

What a darling little angel! I can't believe she's already one, either!

Patty Sampson said...

She is so beautiful! I LOVE the picture of her smiling for all she is worth with her mouth full of cake. :) Such a darling little one. I can't believe she is one either! That means you moved over a year ago, and we did soon after. SO weird. Have fun with Brighton. I love you guys. Thanks for the pictures. )