This post is long overdue... so here's my excuse :) Internet up here is ridiculously expensive. If you want it decently fast, you'll shell out close to $100, for the internet alone. We opted for the more affordable, e x t r e m e l y slow connection. Seriously, our phones are faster. It has actually been so slow lately, I haven't been able to upload a single picture! Why has it suddenly gotten faster? (meaning painfully slow, but functional) Because I'm blogging at midnight :) It's strange to think about winter while enjoying sunny weather in the 60s and almost 19.5 hours of daylight... but here's something that kept us busy when it was cold and dark outside.
Oakley's soccer class was up in Palmer, about 30 minutes away. It made a fun family day trip every Saturday. The snow, ice, wind and ice fog made it an interesting drive. There was never a shortage of cars in ditches strewn along the highway. We just prayed we didn't end up one of them!
Scoring a goal:
Before learning to smile for the camera:
What toddler class is complete without playing with a parachute?
Driving her boat:
Looking for sharks:
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
3 comments:
Love that Oaks is playing soccer. It looks like she actually got the concept of it too. How did you pick soccer- did she already like it or did you guys just pick it?
Sounds like the crazy Alaskan adventure continues. That's crazy your internet is so pricey. Thanks for staying up so late for all of us.
That is so crazy about your internet! Way to go Oakley! And I thought winters in Philly were cold! haha He did a Saturday soccer class there at the YMCA because I felt he needed to burn off some energy during the winter too--although it doesn't even compare to how cold it is there in Alaska:) Glad she enjoyed it so much.
Way to go Oakley! Okay, so I have no reason for not blogging frequently. Our internet isn't $100 a month, and it's a speedy connection. Thanks for making me feel guilty. :) You're a kind momma. I'm afraid that a 30-minute drive on nasty roads is not something I would attempt. Good for you!!!
Post a Comment