Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter in AK

The days are already so much longer. The sun rises about 8:45 and sets around 5:40. What we really love is feeling the sun shining through the windows again.

Dan took these when he went snowboarding at Arctic Valley:


View of Eagle River- part of it, anyway.



Sweet view of Mt. McKinley (Denali), located 100 miles north of Anchorage as the crow flies.




Riding Alyeska:



The biggest snow plow I've ever seen. It has a total of four plows attached to it.

4 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Beautiful pictures Lindsay! They always amaze me. Oh, and that is one crazy snowplow--who knew VOLVO made snowplows??? Not me! Miss you guys!

Shilowe said...

Those pictures really are amazing! I had to make sure TJ wasn't looking, cuz I know he'd want to move there in an instant--haha...I'm not quite ready to move that north. But I am so glad to see that you guys are doing so well up there. I really enjoy seeing what you're up to and watching your beautiful girls grow up. Happy Valentine's Day!

Patty Sampson said...

Wow! That really is some snow plow! It reminds me of those HUGE vehicles used in construction. But I am glad that AK is prepared to help dig you out. :) Can you imagine if they plowed like Philly? LOL!

Dan looks so cool on those mountain slopes. Is he wearing a face mask? It looks like Top Gun Goes Snowboarding. :) I am so glad you have the sun back. I would have missed it.

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

I am finally catching up on blogs, and everything! I saw your parents at church yesterday. Your dad said you guys are loving it there! That is awesome to hear...it would be better if I just called you, but I can always catch up through your parents!

I can't believe how big your girls are getting!