Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Alaska State Fair

Oakley loved the animals and, as you can see, tried to climb into their pens, Dan tried a funnel cake for the first time and the weather was gorgeous. It was your classic State Fair with an Alaskan twist- Native style gifts and clothing, snow machines for sale, and lots of salmon and halibut mixed in with your everyday fair food. The Bird Man flew up from Las Vegas with the coolest eagle I've ever seen (bottom picture, yep, that's an eagle.) Oakley liked the reptile house, I did not... all the creepy things I hope to never ever see outside a cage. After some rainy weather in August, we've had a beautiful, long Fall and this day was no exception, perfect for being outside! With weather in the 60s and so much sunshine we took off our jackets and were still hot!

 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: