Thursday, October 7, 2010

Labor Day Drive Back

After visiting the Wildlife Conservation Center we headed back towards Anchorage. We stopped and had the most delicious BBQ in the world. The restuarants up here are very hit and miss. Almost all of them look a little... run down. Sometimes you go in and the food is incredible. Other times, you don't even want to finish your meal. This is the best place we've been to so far. The area we were driving down/back is called the Turnagain Arm because of the shape of the land and the way it juts out into the water. Put that together with BBQ Pit and you get the name of the restaurant: Turnagain Armpit. Love it.
P.S. See the glaciers?

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

JKThomas said...

Oakley's hair is gorgeous! And so is Alaska- I love all the pictures and it makes me want to drive on up there and visit!

Pam alias Mom said...

I am so impressed how you are embracing your new home. What an example you are to me. Keep posting the pictures.

Patty Sampson said...

Look at you, Miss Grand Adventure. :) You are so brave (or super hungry) to eat at these places. I am so glad it paid off. And you are getting to be a glacier expert! I can't tell still even though I know the ice is supposed to be blue.