It's hard to believe my last post was in March! Brighton was born, and it has been a whirlwind ever since. But, we made it to Utah, and as soon as I track down our camera cord I will get some pictures posted. In the meantime, here's a summary of the last few months:
~New baby: So sweet, although you'd never know it because her combo colic and reflux makes the poor thing cry all the time. She is miserable and it breaks my heart.
~Visits and help from both our families.
~Blessed by lots of service from lots of people.
~Boards right after new baby. Stressful, but passed, yay!
~New carpet and paint for the house. Lots of organizing and de-junking. Challenging when recovering from a c-section with two little ones and boards going on, but always a great feeling when it's done.
~House on market = constant cleaning. (as so many of you know)
~House sold miraculously fast.
~Clinic requirements and endless paperwork completed.
~My brother David got his mission call to Guatemala!
~Dan turned 28
~Packed up the entire house and put it in storage. Something we never could have done without lots and lots and lots of help from our parents! Oakley, for one, had a great time pulling everything out of the boxes we were desperately trying to pack :)
~Dan graduated. Enough said :)
~Blessed Brighton, spoke in church (probably the worse talk I've ever given, I am sad to say), said goodbye to many, many wonderful friends and hopped on a plane to Utah with a baby, a toddler and a dog. So grateful to have Grandma and Grandpa True with us!
~Dan saw that all our stuff got off to Alaska: the Jeep on a boat, everything else on a moving truck.
~Oakley tried to understand what had happened to her house, room, things, daddy etc. while adjusting to a new time zone. At least we are just changing two hours at a time, instead of four all at once!
~Dan drove the Cavy from Philly to Utah in record time.
~Oakley was relieved and overjoyed to see her daddy. So was mommy.
~Panicked over not finding a place to live in AK after months of unsuccessful searching.
~Another miracle: A truly wonderful family moved to our ward in Philadelphia from Eagle River, the exact community we were hoping to move to. They told us all about the area and where we should look, then put us in touch with their family who still lives there (who were very, very kind and willing to help) Long story short, Jeremy's mother actually found the place that we were finally able to rent. I honestly don't think we ever would have found a place without them, at least not one that was ideal in price, location and condition. Thank you, Clarke family!
Now, we are:
~Missing our Philadelphia friends.
~Enjoying time with our UT family.
~Tying up loose ends before we head to AK like license, military and lease paperwork, getting car registered, dog vaccinated and passports.
~Spending time as a family before Dan leaves for a month of training in Alabama.
~Trying to get in shape to run a 5k and feeling pathetic because it's just 3.1 miles and I'm probably going to come in last!
We never would have survived the last few months without so much help from all of you. We owe you the biggest THANK YOU in the world!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
6 comments:
Ah dude Poo's. I am excited to see some pics of you in ALaska. Grizzly Poo is gonna love it!
I wish I could have seen you one last time before you left-I hope that you guys have a great new adventure in Alaska! Your little girls are so cute-what an amazing birth story for Brighton!
A post- I'm so happy. It has been a crazy time for you guys. I bet it's nice having some 'down' time now. I feel so bad for you guys knowing how hard a colicky baby is. I hope she gets over it soon.
What have you tried for Brighton? If you want some ideas I'm happy to share what things we found that helped Sage. Just let me know if you are interested.
Look at you! Wow, have things been crazy. And I am so proud of you for getting organized and putting up a post. You have been super woman these last months.
I am so sorry about Brighton. Have you gotten some liquid antacid for her? That made all the difference for Carter. That and soy formula. I have a few ideas if you need it. but with Emily helping I am sure you will have everything covered. :) Miss you!
Wow! You are AMAZING! All that, and you're training for a 5K.?! Seriously...you are AMAZING! And I just want you to know that I LOVED your talk for Sacrament meeting---I thought it was wonderful! & I'm so glad you were able to find a place to live in Alaska, too. & I hope Brighton starts feeling better for you. We miss you!
Holy Moly, Lindsay! You have been sooo busy! I am grateful that you posted an update... I have been thinking about you. I hope that this crazy time flies by, and you are able to settle into a new "normal" soon. Miss you!
Post a Comment