Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Dan had a day off on Friday, so we had a fun long Fourth of July weekend. We jumped on the train and headed down to Penn's Landing for All You Can Eat Ice Cream for just five bucks, donated to charity no less.

Like I said, all you can eat :)

Oakley loved it!

Then, we enjoyed the absolutely beautiful weather with a walk by the Delaware.


Oakley decided she'd rather push than ride.

With some help from daddy, that is.

Then, we headed over to the Mutter Museum.


The next day, we enjoyed the sun in the backyard with Oakley's little pool and some steaks on the grill.

Oakley was in bed before it even got dark, so Dan and I sat in the front yard together and watched all the fireworks our neighbors were setting off. Some were actually pretty impressive, thank goodness the big ones were down the street and not close enough to catch our house on fire!

9 comments:

emily a. said...

Downtown sounded fun. Oaks is so super cute!

Anonymous said...

Okley is soooooo cute. Guess what???? Enjoy this stage now because when she starts running.....you'll be chasing here up and down the pews!

I'm glad you guys had fun. You rocked that hat- totally gansta!

Patty Sampson said...

I LOVE the shirt Oakley is wearing! And it cracks me up that you guys got through so much ice cream! That rocks! Your family is adorable. And I am glad they didn't catch your house on fire too. :)

Doug and Mallena said...

Only you guys could eat that much ice cream and still look the way you do. Oakley is lucky those genes are running through her body. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Oaks is such a walker now, I love it. Is that the packabe you are wearing? It must be the be right back b/c i don't recognize it. But I luuuv it! By the way, you look amazing in all those pics :-) Jack watched the fireworks and fell asleep half way through...and I was worried thy would bother him, ha!

Sierra Parke said...

What! All you can eat ice cream...that is awesome. Too bad I didn't hear about that sooner, then again, maybe it's a good thing. I don't need any more extra weight in my mid-section!

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Mmmmmm, Ice Cream. I totally missed out on that one, but I obviously eat enough ice cream as it is.
Reading this made me miss the way it used to be on the 4th, when every neighbor was putting a fireworks show on. Maybe next time I will have to come to your house!

Crystal said...

What a great way to spend the 4th! I love all the pictures. You are one very good looking family!

Shilowe said...

Oakley is so adoreable! I love that she was trying to push the stroller! What a fun family day!