Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catching Up on Summer Fun

This summer has been SO busy, but lots of fun. Here's what we've been up to:

Visiting Tricia and her brand new baby Vivienne, SO tiny and SO pretty! We miss you guys!!!

Has anyone ever looked this good after having a baby? I don't think so!


Catching up with friends- the Seelingers came back to Philly to visit and I was so glad I was back from L.A. in time to catch them!


Celebrating Memorial Day with friends:




Getting my wisdom teeth out: I stayed awake for it, and it wasn't too bad. The oral surgeon injected me slowly, so it barely hurt and I didn't need nitrous. The amount of force they use was a bit shocking, and I had unfortunately read the procedure and looked at pictures in Dan's oral surgery text book before I knew I'd be getting my own out, so knowing exactly what he was doing while he was doing it was kind of scary. But, it went really well and once the swelling finally went away I was back to normal! No pictures, but trust me, I looked FUNNY! (As many of you know.)

Oakley got her first hair cut (all her red ends are gone, she's a little blondie now). She has turned into a little monkey, she climbs EVERYTHING!


Having fun in the sun: (the little that we've had, but we're not complaining, we'll take the cool weather over hot and sticky any day!)

Drooling like crazy while still working on that first tooth:




Finally washing the car!

Good job hon!


Dan's parents came to visit, and it was so fun to have them here! They were so good to us (always are!). Oakley loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa, Dan's dad did TONS of work on the house and Dan and I got a night out to go see Transformers!

We took a fun trip to D.C. for Emily's Bat Mitzvah. Dan's Dad met Emily's Dad in Law School and the Trues and the Schniders have been like family ever since. Emily was awesome, and did such a good job, and they were such gracious hosts and hostesses. We had an amazing time.

Touring D.C. with our super cute babysitter Giselle:

Thanks, Giselle, you're the best!


Emily and Mark!




9 comments:

emily a. said...

fun summer so far!

Elaine said...

Oakley is so cute-I cannot believe how blonde her hair got. It has been raining a lot here too, but I'm with you the less humid the better! Take care:-)

Patty Sampson said...

You are having great adventures! I love the pictures of you with Tricia after her baby came. It makes me sad I was out of town for Memorial Day. I missed SO much!! And I agree with Elaine, Oakley is amazing! She is so big, and so pretty. I love your blog background. Very fun!

Shilowe said...

Oakley is growing so fast! What a pretty little girl! It looks like you've been having a lot of fun!

JKThomas said...

I love the bathing suit shots! She looks like she is having a fabulous time and is looking so different. They grow up way to fast!

Anonymous said...

You guys have been so busy!! I can't believe how much Oakley is changing!!

Bonnie said...

We were so happy we all got to see you too! Just like old times. :)

Doug and Mallena said...

Where is your chipmunk face picture? You can't have your wisdom teeth taken out and then not post a picture of yourself! ;) Wowzers you guys have been busy. Maybe it's a good thing we moved. I'd never see you anyway!

Sierra Parke said...

Wow, I loved ALL of these photos. You've been really busy so far and summer barely got started!