Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Greatest Workout Ever (According to Lindsay)

What is my definition of the greatest workout ever? Well... one that
-Doesn't take any extra time out of my day
-Doesn't require me to go outside during the winter
-Doesn't require me to go to the gym that I do not have a membership to
-Doesn't get me all sweaty
Hmmm... that sounds like a lazy person's workout. I normally do love to run, but it is winter, freezing outside, and I am getting larger by the day. I can't even maintain my balance around the house, so trying to jog would just be dangerous (although probably pretty comical). So, I have been looking for an alternative way to get in shape. You know, nothing extreme, just a little exercise so I don't have a heart attack when I go into labor. Here is my solution:


These are my wrist weights. I also have a pair of heavier ones for my ankles. They make working out simple and easy. I just strap them on anytime I'm home (or even under my pants if I'm running errands) and go about my regular activities. Once it gets warm, I will be able to wear these while I walk Max outside. Kind of like a mini portable gym. Of course, the results are not the same, but I can definitely feel them working my muscles (just going upstairs raises my heart rate). Now, I just have to wait and see if they make any kind of difference in my fitness level... Can something so easy really be effective?

3 comments:

Doug and Mallena said...

Hmmm...let me know if they work. I can always use something that keeps me from feeling like I'm doing zippo exercise. I guess it's not surprise that I feel that way because, well, I do do zippo exercises. :)

Patty Sampson said...

Personally I love it! I was reading an article recently about a man who believes that every piece of excercise adds up. He even installed treadmills for each of his co-workers that has them walking all day at 2 miles per hour. Evidentally they are quickly getting into great shape, and it is only 2 miles an hour!! So I am sure that the weights are doing a lot of good for you. If nothing else it is getting your blood pumping. And the more blood pumping, the more nutrients get to your baby. :) I don't see how you can loose.

The Molen's said...

Hey.....I like your definition of a work out. At least you have a good reason for getting bigger. And the weights are pink! Even better!