As many of you know, I have been training to run a half-marathon this September. I was a little worried about whether or not I'd be able to keep it up once the high heat and humidity hit, but fortunately the girls I run with really keep me motivated! We run in Pennypack Park, and it is beautiful-- lots of trees, hills and a river-- you can't even tell you are right in the middle of Northeast Philly!
Today, I ran with my friend Hollie. It was a scorcher, but we were determined to get a nice long run in. Seven miles later, we ready for a pool and some serious air conditioning! She was a great motivator, I was so happy we were able to push ourselves and "just run through" all aches and pains. It was definitely worth it! The half-marathon is about 13 miles, so we have a couple more months to add 6 more miles to our work outs!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
3 comments:
Good for you! You are really motivated! I need to get back in to it. You have motivated me to get movin' again! I am only a couple of miles behind you.....hopefully I can catch up. And who can resist Pennypack Park? It really is a great place to be in the middle of a big city.
I wish I liked to run. I'll just pretend you are running some of those miles for me. I have a stinkin' amount of admiration for people who run marathons. They inspire me (not to run) and I believe they are great goal setters! Keep going and make it to a full marathon someday.
I am so impressed! Good for you.
Post a Comment