Monday, June 25, 2007

Trash Day in Philadelphia

By now, I am used to the people who drive their trucks around the city and pile them high with things they find on the curb every trash day. We've never had any trash valuable enough to be chosen... and I doubt we ever will since a) we aren't throwing anything like that away! b) it is the kind of stuff I would take to DI or the Salvation Army. But today, I happened to be looking out the window when I saw someone drive up in a nice car, stop at our neighbor's trash cans, open them up and start digging through. He even untied the trash bags that were inside. After quite a bit of digging, he started to leave without even putting the trash back, but then thought better of it. He tied everything up again, put a few items in his car and moved on down the street. I decided to wait until he was gone to take out the rest of my trash.

3 comments:

emily a. said...

How interesting. Never a dull moment in the city!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA
I'm not even surprised.

The Molen's said...

Trash day is the best! I found a beautiful antique dresser on a Trash day. And to this day, I regret not picking up someones old, charming window frames they left on the side of the road! What cute wall decor they could have been with a little TLC! oh dear, I have been converted! YIKES!