Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More Winter Pics

2:00pm Nice and Sunny
One of these days I'll take the camera out with us and get some more interesting pictures. Until then we just have the ones I can take from the house.

Dan came home last week, after it had been snowing all day, and said, "I really like it here." The cold is so bearable that you hardly feel it, which allows us to really get out and enjoy the snow. They even plow the trails and sidewalks. The snow provides never-ending entertainment for Oakley and she loves sledding, as long as we go down the big hills. The small ones are apparently boring.

I actually like the darkness. During the summer you go, go, go-- enjoying the long days and warm weather. During the winter, life slows down. You spend the evenings snuggled by the fire with your family instead of outdoors. For me, the dark winter is the perfect complement to the light summer. Of course, it helps that there are so many winter activities to get you out of the house while it is daylight. This really helps prevent the winter blues.

It's official, we LOVE Alaska!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Pam alias Mom said...

You are such an inspiration, I am really trying to love Georgia as much as you love Alaska but so far I just like it. Thanks for posting I love to see pictures of your family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly! Just catching up with your blog. I love your last entry about loving Alaska. That's Great! I always say "Love where you are" it just really helps to look at the blessings in life. Your entry was just beautifully written. I love the pic of Oakley- she's getting so grown up. I miss seeing you guys! When can we come visit?

Sierra Parke said...

The pictures are sooo gorgeous Lindsay and I can't believe how grown up Oakley looks--seriously!!! Glad you are loving Alaska so much. It's great to have such a positive attitude. Miss you guys too!

Patty Sampson said...

I am so glad you guys are so happy. We miss you, but your joy in being in a wonderful place makes it all better. :) We love being here in Utah too, but it is not the great adventure that Alaska is. I never knew anyone who moved to Alaska, so it is such a relief to know it is not such a harsh place to live.