Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer 2010

This summer has been such an adventure!

-First, we stopped in Salt Lake:
I flew out May 16th with Dan's parents, the girls and Max. I was so grateful to have their help on the flight. We loved getting to spend time with family and friends, especially after being so far away in Philly for the past four years. We were so glad we got to spend time with them before heading up to AK. Oakley had lots of fun with her cousins.

While we were there, Oakley turned 2!
Dan made Oakley this awesome cake while I took her to the Aquarium.


Haha, awesome! It actually tasted pretty good.



Attacking the Birthday Cake:


-Once we finally found a place to live in AK, we packed up the car and drove to Boise where we stayed with Grandpa Bodily. Oakley loved the pool, all the space and Dan's cousins. Summer BBQs are the best!


-Next, we drove up to Seattle where Dan dropped us off and continued to drive up to Anchorage. It was so good to see all of my Seattle Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. Oakley had many firsts there, like jumping on a trampoline, riding a 4-wheeler, and swimming in the Ocean. There were so many things to do and fun people to see, Oakley didn't have time to miss Daddy. We really love it up there!

Dan's drive to AK












-Dan and Max arrived in Anchorage and a few days later I flew up from Seattle with the girls. My sister flew in the same day from L.A. with Baby Jack. She stayed for a little over a week to help us move in and get settled. I'm not going to lie, I have the best sister in the world. Now, we miss them so much!
Bath time with cousin Jack

We are thrilled to be here!
The light was strange at first, but hasn't taken long to get used to and the girls sleep just fine.
9:00pm

10:00pm

11:00pm

Midnight

2:30am- Up with the baby, decided to snap this. Half asleep = blury picture. This is the darkest it gets right now.

9 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Hey Lindsay! I'm so glad you updated the blog. I love all your beautiful pictures. Oakley is getting so big and that head of hair is gorgeous! Glad to hear you are doing so well. We miss you guys. When does Dan get back from Alabama? Hopefully soon!

Shane Shreeve said...

AHH SWEEETTT PICS. I have been waiting. Post some more!

Pam alias Mom said...

Looks beautiful. Hope you enjoy. Girls are adorable.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

sounds like you have had a crazy couple of months! I can't believe Oakley turned two! And she is such a pretty girl. Those pictures Dan took are beautiful, and the lighting thing would take me sometime to get use to that! I'm glad that you are there and settled in!

The Schexnayders said...

wow! what an adventure! Alaska looks really great! I would love to visit there someday.

Sierra Parke said...

Hey Lindsay! Good to hear from you. As of now, no new families are moving into the ward. :( I'm sure you have already heard by now that the Sampsons are moving out in September and we just learned that Chelsea and Jared Malan are moving out too next week! Our ward has been undergoing such a huge change. Crazy. Miss you guys. Be sure to keep posting lots of pictures. You guys are there a year right?

JKThomas said...

Alaska looks beautiful! And Oakley is getting so big and I am jealous of her hair!

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

How gorgeous....I need to come visit now! Glad to hear the girls still sleep with all that sun light...I hope you are settling well.

emily a. said...

That drive does look so beautiful. And the light? That must be crazy. Do you just put up shades so it's not so light when you go to sleep?

I miss you guys. Oaks is so adorable and so grown up. How are things with Brighton?