When I think of October, I usually think of falling leaves, carving pumpkins and putting on another layer to keep warm in the cool weather. But this October has surprised us with unseasonably warm temperatures. I was very lucky to get a visit from my sister, Erin, who flew in from L.A. and said it was hotter here than in Southern California! While she was here temps were in the high 80s, now they've cooled to high 70s, low 80s... but that's still very warm for this time of year!
It was so wonderful to see Erin again! Living on opposite sides of the country, it doesn't happen very often. Born 18 months apart, we've always been very close. Growing up, we always shared a room, so it was a big shock when I left Ohio to go to BYU and suddenly we were so far apart! Ever since then, it seems like we've somehow always ended up in opposite parts of the country. So, lots of phone calls are a must, and this visit was a huge treat! We stayed up talking the first night until 2am, and then slept in until almost noon the next day! We did lots of shopping and had a great time! Unfortunately, half way through the visit I got sick and she had to spend lots of time taking care of me. I can now say from experience, that she will make an awesome nurse! I don't know what I would have done without her. Thanks for coming out here, Erin! I love you! And miss you already!
Erin and her husband Ben last Christmas
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago
3 comments:
Oh, I can tell she is your sister! I am so excited for family to come visit me too! Yeah for company!
How fun....my sis's are much older. You have the same eyes! Glad you had a good time.
um....new post any time soon???
Post a Comment