Sunday, December 14, 2008

SIX MONTHS!

How in the world did Oakley get to be 6 months? I was looking at some of her newborn pictures today and it's just amazing how much she has changed. It has been a pretty busy month for her.

In November, we flew out to Idaho to attend the funeral of Dan's Grandma Bodily. The service was beautiful, and I learned a lot about her and her life. While we were there, Oakley got to meet her aunts, uncles and cousins on Dan's side, as well as her great-grandpa Bodily. Unfortunately, she since she had refused to sleep on the plane she was one grumpy baby. She cried almost every time someone tried to hold her.

We came back and were home for just a day before driving to Ohio for Thanksgiving. We had a great time with my parents; brothers David and Matthew; and my Aunt Mindy, Uncle Dave and their family. (Erin, we missed you!!!) I had fun helping my mom with the cooking, and Dan and I both loved going on a couple baby-free dates! While we were there, Oakley got to meet her great-grandma-and-grandpa Ralph!

Can you believe we forgot our camera on both trips????

Since we got back, it has been an absolute whirlwind, but Dan will finish taking his finals this week and then we are flying to Utah for Christmas! We can't wait!

Here are some picture of our big girl:

Oakley has gotten to hang out next to me in her swing a lot lately, while I practiced all the music for the different Christmas things we've had in our ward. She was not very happy about this, and now cries every time I play the piano :( (or maybe it's just my playing! :)

She has been learning to sit up lately...


And hanging out with Daddy:

Dan got to dress up as a Roman Soldier with Cam for the Ward Christmas Party (I think Hollie did an awesome job on the costumes!). The theme was Christmas in Bethlehem and the Petersons did an amazing job turning the gym into Bethlehem, complete with a life-size stable, hay and shops where we bought our food with gold coins.

Last, but not least, we had the Christmas Program today in Sacrament Meeting. So many people helped out and shared their wonderful talents! Thanks guys!!!

7 comments:

Elaine said...

Oakley is so cute. I can't believe it's been six months either! Time goes by fast. Have a merry christmas!

Crystal said...

You have been so so so busy!!! I hope you get a chance to breathe soon. Little Oakley has grown up so much. She looks more and more like you every time I see new pictures. I am planning on making sure we meet up while we're both in Utah. It would be soooo sad if we didn't. So we will :) I love you!

camandholls said...

Lindsay, you did such a great job with the Christmas Program. That had to have taken alot of work and organization. It turned out awesome.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linds,

Oakley looks soo cute!!
You did an amazing job organizing everything!

I was proud of Danaja, I forgot to tell you guys that she can hold a tune!

I also played the clarinet for 8 years and Danaja plays the flute. I don't have a clarinet now, but I'm going to get one in next month so if you need me or Danaja, just holla :)

Debbie said...

she is adorable! i still can't believe you have a baby!!! :)

Patty Sampson said...

I am so amazed at how fast Oakley has grown up. She sure is a little personality. And I love how you do her hair! She is so beautiful. Congratulations on how things went with the Christmas Program. I hear it was great! (My family was there, even though I missed it.)

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm with you, I don't know where the time went. It seems like yesterday I was sitting at the hospital while you and Dan were trying to decide on names.